Monday, February 23, 2015

Krewe of Proteus 2015 Designs

Here are all the plates for this year's Proteus parade. This year's theme was "Nature of the Beasts", which is vaguely based on Proteus's 1896 parade "Dumb Society" (you can check out the float and costume designs for the original parade here). Last year's theme was Alchemy, which was a lot of fun and let me tap into the outer edges of mystical art and theory, but this year's themed allowed me to take a more whimsical, kid friendly turn for a change. It also introduced me to some amazing artists dealing with animal caricature, particularly the French cartoonist J. J. Grandville, who was no doubt one of the influences for "Dumb Society". Check out my Pinterest board to see the spectrum of art that inspired me. 



















No comments: